Monday, February 2, 2015

Food Hangover Day - aka Superbowl Monday

Since the Bears absolutely blew major wang this year and were an embarrassment to the state of Illinois, I looked forward to the Superbowl for the food, like most of America. And I guess the commercials, but let's be real I spent too much time on Facebook/Insta/Twitter to really pay attention to any of them. Thank God for Youtube so I can rewatch them and cry/laugh/scratch my head in confusion.

I was bummed by the outcome of the game. I have loved Russell Wilson ever since he graced the Badgers with his reliable arm (a new concept to Wisco quarterbacks). But Tom Brady is a fine specimen, and I guess he's a decent player (4 championships is ehh). However, I am very much looking forward to his retirement so the even finer specimen that is Jimmy Garoppolo can take over and make me swoon every Sunday.

I mean COME ON.

The Superbowl was the perfect excuse to make this Mac n Cheese recipe I found on pinterest that had seriously rave reviews. Mac n cheese is my kryptonite. I don't have it much because let's just say it's not the healthiest thing. But O.M.G. do I crave it all the time.

This recipe is surprisingly easy, and you really don't need tons of ingredients. If you are a cheese snob, you can pick whatever fancy cheese your heart desires. I used 3 cups of sharp cheddar and 3 cups of white cheddar. If you are a bacon fan, ADD SOME - I didn't, but no doubt it would be an awesome addition (chicken would too). My family loved it, even my mom who isn't the biggest mac n cheese fan (I think I'm adopted). If when I make it again, I would only use a half tablespoon of pepper, and/or play around with adding some other spices like garlic or cumin.

Now this is some rich, melty, gooey, cheesy MAC.


My next recipe I'll attempt to make WILL be something healthier. I just can't keep doing things like this and expect to fit into my pants. 

Peace n blessins,
JL

No comments:

Post a Comment